The Business Administration A.A.S. degree program is designed to accommodate students who want to pursue a more general course of study in business. Core coursework covers accounting, economics, business law and statistics, and students can choose from a variety of electives based on their area of interest.
This academic program currently has several transfer articulation agreements for those who wish to continue on to complete a four-year degree. Some graduates also choose to enter the workforce immediately following graduation.
This program is offered by the Business Administration Department.
Entrance and Course Requirements
- The flexibility of the A.A.S. program allows students to create an academic program required by a specific employer or or prospective transfer college.
- Degree requirements can be met through either full- or part-time study and through day, evening and online offerings.
- Several courses related to the insurance industry are available as electives.
- Several elective courses related to sports management are also offered on a regular basis and students have travelled to Italy during the summer on a college-related exchange trip.
- The program has a longstanding relationship with the Disney World Internship program.
- Students complete a capstone course in their second year of study in the Business Administration program.
Program can be completed by attending online.
Program can be completed by attending entirely in the evening.
A wide variety of career opportunities exist for those with a solid foundation in business. Graduates can pursue careers in retail management, finance, small business management, insurance or banking, to name just a few.
Most graduates seeking to continue their education transfer to University at Albany, Sage Colleges and Siena College.
Recent employers have included:
Albany College of Pharmacy;
Albany Medical Center;
All Star Chevrolet;
Amberjack Construction Company;
ATCO Structures and Logistics;
Bennington School Inc.;
Blue Shield of Northeastern NY;
Brown's Brewing Company;
Caldwell Banker Prime Properties;
Clifton Park Premier Homes;
Dwight Plumbing and Heating;
Empire Blue Cross Ins;
Excelsior Printing Company;
Expert Collision Center;
Farm Family Insurance Company;
Salaries vary based on position and degree attainment. Many management-level positions require a bachelor's degree or higher. Here are median salaries taken from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (as of 2012): Insurance Underwriters, $59,290; Retail Manager, $40,0910.
The Center for Careers and Transfer offers Career Services and Transfer Services to all students.
For more information regarding this program, please contact:
Brahan Hall, Room 205
For more information about admission to this program, please contact:
Guenther Enrollment Services Center, Room 223