The Digital Marketing program is offered to students who seek to obtain an entry-level position in areas that include social media marketing, search engine marketing, internet marketing, digital advertising, Web design, digital content management and Web analytics. Additionally, some students may transfer to four-year colleges and universities to further their education.
Emphasis is placed on developing critical thinking skills and effective written and oral communications skills, as well as knowing how to make ethical marketing and business decisions. Graduates are able to interpret quantitative and qualitative data to assess digital marketing and business situations.
This program is aimed at students who:
- Enjoy working as part of a team in a diversified organization
- Have an aptitude for working with technology
- Can present ideas in both verbal and written form
- Are comfortable with and enjoy working with numbers
- Are interested in analyzing electronic marketing strategies
While this degree is intended to lead directly to employment upon completion, some of the courses in the program can be transferred to digital marketing or other programs at four-year colleges or universities.
This program is offered through the Accounting, Entrepreneurship and Marketing Department.
Entrance and Course Requirements
Students gain knowledge in the core areas of digital marketing and business and can apply the technology skills they learn in the digital marketing and business environment. Graduates are fully prepared for entry-level employment.
The Center for Careers and Transfer offers Career Services and Transfer Services to all students.
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates of the program should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge in the core areas of marketing and business.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills.
- Understand the process of making ethical marketing and business decisions.
- Use critical thinking skills to interpret quantitative and qualitative data to assess marketing and business situations.
For more information regarding this program, contact:
Ricky P. Thibodeau
Accounting, Entrepreneurship and Marketing Department
Brahan Hall, Room 220
For more information about admission to this program, contact:
Guenther Enrollment Services Center, Room 223