General Cancellation and Refund Policies
The information listed below pertains to all Community and Professional Education courses, unless otherwise noted.
- Please note that the request to withdraw from a class and receive a refund must be submitted in writing. Requests can be sent via email to email@example.com or faxed to (518) 629-8103. Requests can also be mailed to Hudson Valley Community College, Office of Community & Professional Education, 80 Vandenburgh Avenue, Troy, NY 12180.
*Please note that you cannot withdraw from a class online. Even if you've registered online, you must submit your request to withdraw in writing.
- Courses may be canceled due to insufficient enrollment. Every effort will be made to notify students of cancellations and refunds will be made.
- All refunds will be in the form of a check. Refunds typically take 14 - 21 days to be processed.
NOTE: If the course fee includes a materials fee, the materials fee will not be refunded if the refund request is submitted less than five business days prior to the first class.
|Courses nine weeks or more
|Prior to first class
|During first week of classes
|During second week of classes
|During third week of classes
|After third week of classes
|Courses eight weeks or less
|Prior to first class
|During first week of classes
|After first week of classes
Certificate Program Refund Policies
ed2go Online Certificate Programs
For the online certificate programs through ed2go, there is a fairly strict no refund policy. That being said, each request for a refund will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Paralegal Certificate Program
Students who enroll for a class and drop out by the Wednesday prior to the start date of that class will be refunded in full, less a non-refundable $15 administrative fee. Books may be returned to the Center for Legal Studies within 30 days from the date of purchase for a refund less the cost of shipping.
Students who drop out between the Thursday prior to the class starting and the first Thursday of class will receive a 50% refund on tuition. Books may be returned to the Center for Legal Studies within 30 days from the date of purchase for a refund less the cost of shipping.
Students who drop out of the class after the first Thursday of the first week of class will receive no refund on tuition. Books may be returned to the Center for Legal Studies within 30 days from the date of purchase for a refund less the cost of shipping.
On-Campus Certificate Programs (i.e. Pet Education Certificate, Floral Design Certificate)
On-campus certificate programs are subject to the refund/cancellation policies outlined for the majority of Community Education classes based on the length of the course and the time of cancellation. In addition, materials fees for floral classes are non-refundable if a request for cancellation is received less than seven business days prior to the start of a course.
Motorcycle Cancellation and Refund Policy
Please Read Carefully
Cancellation/Refund Policy Acknowledgment (required for those registering by mail, phone, fax or in-person)
Registered students who are unable to attend the course must notify Hudson Valley Community College in writing.
- Requests can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faxed to (518) 629-8103
- Mailed to Hudson Valley Community College, Community & Professional Education, 80 Vandenburgh Avenue, Troy NY 12180.
- With notification less than five business days before first class meeting, you will forfeit the following administrative fees:
- Basic Rider Practice - $50
- MSF Basic RiderCourse and MSF Basic RiderCourse 2 License Waiver - $100
- MSF Basic RiderCourse 2 and MSF Ultimate Bike Bonding - $50
- Notification less than 24 hours before class begins results in all fees forfeited unless you have documentation of a medical problem or death of a family member.
- Any Basic RiderCourse or Basic RiderCourse 2 - License Waiver student withdrawing who has accessed the online e-course will also be subject to a $10 administrative fee. This is in addition to any late cancel fees previously stated.
- Schedule: Students must allow extra time in their schedules for variables such as weather or other factors that may require staying later than scheduled.
THE FOLLOWING REASONS WILL PREVENT A STUDENT FROM BEGINNING OR CONTINUING AND ALL FEES WILL BE FORFEITED, NO MAKEUP CLASS WILL BE SCHEDULED:
- Any Basic RiderCourse student who does not have a valid NYS driver's license or NYS DMV issued motorcycle driver license. Out-of-state licensed drivers should call Barbara at (518) 813-1717.
- Any Basic RiderCourse 2 – LW student who does not have a valid NYS driver's license, a valid NYS motorcycle permit, and a street legal motorcycle /scooter with current insurance, registration and inspection, will not be allowed to ride. Any Ultimate Bike Bonding or Basic RiderCourse 2 student who does not have a valid NYS motorcycle license, and a street legal motorcycle /scooter with current insurance, registration and inspection, will not be allowed to ride.
- Counsel Out: A student may be counseled out of the class if in the RiderCoaches/Instructor's judgment the student has demonstrated that they may be a danger to themselves or others in the course, due to a failure to achieve exercise objectives.
- Students who fail to attend any course session once the course begins unless it is a medical emergency, and then documentation will be required.
- Students under age 18 who do not have a notarized parent or guardian signature on the Motorcycle Safety Course Waiver and Indemnification form prior to the start of practice riding will not be allowed to participate. NO EXCEPTIONS. It is your responsibility to obtain this form from the college by calling (518) 629-7339.
- LATE ARRIVAL at any session.
- Students without proper riding gear will not be allowed to ride.
- Any student believed to be impaired by any substance, legal or illegal.
- A student with a conditional/suspended/restricted license because of a DWAI conviction.
Trips, Tours and Floral Refund Policy
- Often, our trips and tours include a materials fee for admission and/or meals. This fee is non-refundable five business days prior to the start of a class.
- The materials fee for all floral classes is non-refundable seven business days prior to the start of a course.