The Edward F. McDonough Sports Complex is a state-of-the-art health,
recreation, and physical education facility. This $15 million facility
includes a large fieldhouse with three regulation basketball courts, an
ice rink (home to many area skating organizations, including the Hudson
Valley men's hockey team), fully equipped Nautilus fitness rooms and racquetball
courts, an indoor track (including long jump pit), and a multi-purpose
room and conference room for 30 people.
The McDonough Complex has hosted a wide variety of events, from major
trade shows and exhibitions to a variety of athletic events.
Each year, more than 150,000 people visit the campus to attend community
or athletic events in this facility. Weekend usage is preferred, since
physical education curriculum and college athletic events take place on
weekdays during the academic year.
Outdoor Athletic Facilities
Hudson Valley County Community College boasts some the finest outdoor athletic facilities found on any junior college campus in the country. Among the varsity sports held on the Troy grounds are: football, women's cross country, men's and women's soccer, men's lacrosse, baseball, softball and women's tennis. The college also holds athletics classes on its outdoors facilities, as well as intramural competitions.
In May 2001, Senator Joseph Bruno secured funds to construct a 4,500-seat baseball stadium at Hudson Valley Community College. The $14-million Joseph L. Bruno Stadium hosts the Tri-City ValleyCats, a Houston Astros-affiliated Class A baseball team from the New York-Penn League. Hudson Valleys nationally ranked baseball team also uses the $14-million stadium, and it also serves as home to an array of community athletic events.
Several other new outdoor fields were recently built adjacent to the baseball stadium. The football, soccer, softball and tennis teams all have new homes on the Hudson Valley campus.
Field House at McDonough Sports Complex Details
- 34,500 square feet of exhibition space
- Three regulation basketball courts
- Indoor track
- Spectator seating for 3,500 people in bleacher seating and an additional
1,500 seats on the floor (depending on the nature of the event)
- Balcony overlooking field house
Robert M. Conway Ice Rink at McDonough Sports Complex Details
- 18,000 square feet of space on ice surface
- Spectator seating for 1,000 people
- Space available during months without ice surface
- Locker rooms
- Public skating with extensive skate shop and professional staff
- Ice rental available November - March
Benefits of the athletic facilities include:
- Free, easily accessible parking, close to the facility
- A large, spacious lobby and reception area with ticket booth
- Concession available
- Conference Room for use as hospitality room
- Telephone and internet connections available
- Accessible to the disabled
- Team and official locker rooms available
- Support services tailored to specific needs
- Quality equipment included in the rental of the facility
- 6' rectangular tables (50)
- Skirting for tables
- Folding chairs
- Pipe and drape - limited amount
- Staging - up to 24 x 40 area