Student Life and Student Services

Health Services

Resources from NY State of Health

Student Accident and Sickness Insurance

Will I need coverage to attend HVCC?
No. However, we encourage our students to obtain health insurance coverage to avoid unanticipated medical expenses. Please consider using the NY State of Health website for more information on health insurance plans available in New York State.

(Note: Athletes are required to complete forms posted on the Athletics webpage.)

What are other options for health insurance?
You may be eligible for coverage under a group health plan provided by a parent's employer or under a parent's individual health insurance policy if you are under the age of 26. Contact the plan administrator for more information.

New York State Sponsored Health Insurance plans (including Medicaid). You may use the NY State of Health website to see which public health insurance programs you and your family may be eligible for.

Medicaid is a program for New Yorkers who can't afford to pay for medical care. For more details, use the NY State of Health website for eligibility information on health insurance programs in New York State.

Who should I call with questions?
For more details, please call Hudson Valley Community College Health Service at (518) 629-7468.