|Location: Marvin Library Learning Commons, lower level
Phone: (518) 629-7891
Hours: Staff is available to answer your questions during regular building operating hours when the college is open.
Email requests will usually be responded to within 24 hours. All requests received after 4 p.m. on Saturday or on Sunday will be responded to when the CLC opens on Monday. When the college is closed, requests will be responded to as soon as possible the day the college reopens.
Our goal in the Computer Learning Center is to provide academic support that assists students in becoming independent and confident learners while developing the computer skills necessary for academic success.
Academic Support Services for Students
- Conducting computer related instructional workshops for students
- Providing academic support to students in the completion of computer-related assignments and projects
- Providing students with computer skills development
- Teaching students navigation skills for use in online and Web-enhanced courses (MyHudsonValley Portal/Blackboard)
Technical Help Desk Services for Students
- Personal computer and mobile device questions and issues related to coursework and academic support
- Set-up of wireless configuration
- Assisting with computer accounts, including password resets
- Connection to student email and files (both on- and off-campus)
- Network printing assistance
- Answers and advice to technical questions
- Many more... stop in and see us for support!
PLEASE NOTE: These services do not include troubleshooting hardware issues.
To access online computer support, including documentation and resources specific to the Academic Computing Environment (ACE), enroll in the Learning Centers - Computers Organization.
It’s easy to enroll! Here’s how:
- Login to MyHudsonValley Portal/Blackboard
- Click the Community tab
- In the Instructional Support – The Learning Centers box click the Computers link
- On the resulting page click the Submit button
- Click the OK button to enter the organization
- The link to the Learning Centers - Computers organization will then appear in your 'Organizations in which you are participating' list for future access.