The Center for Effective Teaching (CET) is offering an orientation for new faculty to:
- Learn about our "New Faculty Resources" available in the MyHudsonValley Portal/Blackboard.
- Hear important information from the Registrar's Office regarding policies and communication with students.
- Get step by step instruction on the use of the college's classroom technology.
- Meet CET staff and faculty mentors who will be valuable resources throughout the semester.
- Obtain three credits of Professional Development towards the Teaching and Learning Certificate.
New Faculty Orientation Schedule
Location: Bulmer Telecommunications Center (BTC)
|1:45 - 2 p.m.
|2 – 2:15 p.m.
|| Welcome Remarks
by Dr. Carolyn Curtis, Vice President of Academic Affairs
|2:15 – 3:15 p.m.
|| Classroom Management and Who Are Our Students?
Presented by Faculty members Dr. Michelle Bannoura and Ronald Mulson
|3:15 – 4 p.m.
||Student Support Services and the Role of Faculty in Retention.
Presented by Karen Ferrer-Muniz, Associate Dean of Instruction Support Services and Retention
|4 – 4:30 p.m.
|| Break and Refreshments
|4:30 – 5:15 p.m.
||Important Policies at Hudson Valley Community College.
Presented by Kathleen Petley, Registrar and Alex Popovics, Vice President of Enrollment Management and Student Development
|5:15 – 6:15 p.m.
|| Introduction to Blackboard and the Instructor Console.
Presented by Faculty Liaison Vonnie Vannier and the Office of Instructional Technologies
While on campus, you can also take advantage of some other opportunities:
- Complete employment paperwork with the Office of Human Resources. Contact Human Resources at (518) 629-4552 for specifics on required documentation.
- Stop in Public Safety to obtain your college ID and parking hang tag.
- Visit the Information Technology Services department to pick up username and password credentials needed for accessing college computer systems.
Please Note: Your information must be entered in Human Resources before you can obtain your ID, username and password.
If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact the CET at (518) 629-7291 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.