The Center for Effective Teaching (CET) is offering an orientation for new faculty to:
- Learn about our "New Faculty Resources" available in the MyHudsonValley Portal/Blackboard.
- Hear important information from the Registrar's Office regarding policies and communication with students.
- Get step by step instruction on the use of the college's classroom technology.
- Meet CET staff and faculty mentors who will be valuable resources throughout the semester.
- Obtain three credits of Professional Development towards the Teaching and Learning Certificate.
New Faculty Orientation Schedule
Location: Bulmer Telecommunications Center (BTC)
||Optional campus tour
|1:45 - 2 p.m.
|2 – 2:15 p.m.
|| Welcome Remarks
|2:15 – 3:15 p.m.
|| Classroom Management and Who Are Our Students?
|3:15 – 4 p.m.
||Student Support Services and the Role of Faculty in Retention.
|4 – 4:30 p.m.
|| Break and Refreshments
|4:30 – 5:15 p.m.
||Important Policies at Hudson Valley Community College.
|5:15 – 6:15 p.m.
|| Introduction to Blackboard and the Instructor Console.
While on campus, you can also take advantage of some other opportunities:
- Complete employment paperwork with the Office of Human Resources. Contact Human Resources at (518) 629-4552 for specifics on required documentation.
- Stop in Public Safety to obtain your college ID and parking hang tag.
- Visit the Information Technology Services department to pick up username and password credentials needed for accessing college computer systems.
Please Note: Your information must be entered in Human Resources before you can obtain your ID, username and password.
If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact the CET at (518) 629-7291 or email email@example.com.