The Energy Department is part of the Physical Plant Department. There are two distinct parts of this service that share the same common goal, which is to efficiently utilize and maintain energy systems on campus. The department consists of electricians, stationery engineers, and HVAC technicians/mechanics.
The duties of the Energy Department are to provide for the maintenance and repair of building heating and electrical systems and equipment. This includes scheduling of heating and cooling of campus spaces, and repair and maintenance of boilers, chillers, pumps, switchgear and life safety systems. In addition to preventive maintenance, the department also has performed predictive maintenance on the college’s electrical distribution systems.
The duties of the Energy Department include the following:
- Installation of new electrical service for existing spaces.
- Repair and maintenance of existing electrical systems.
- Repair and maintenance of campus life safety systems.
- Adjusting, repairing and efficiently operating boilers.
- Adjusting, repairing and efficiently operating chillers and other cooling systems.
- Scheduling heating and cooling of campus spaces, utilizing the campus EMS system.
These duties are simplified but give a general idea of the variety of services provided by our organization. We are committed to serve the needs of the campus and appreciate your support in identifying items of concern or possible safety issues.