Employers, does your staff need training?
The Workforce Development Institute works directly with employers to create customized training packages.
Courses can be chosen from our current listing, or a specific curriculum can be developed directly from information provided by you or industry experts. Classes can be offered at the workplace, at the Hudson Valley main campus in Troy, at the Albany Extension Center, 175 Central Avenue, at the TEC-SMART facility in Malta, or at any of our many off-campus sites.
- Work with you to create client-specific training that meets your needs
- Find others in your industry or field to share costs for training
- Offer quality instruction at competitive prices
- Provide training at your site, on our main campus or at one of several locations around the region
- Develop one- or two-day workshops, one-week and multi-week programs, with classroom/lab training by qualified adjunct instructors
- Offer online and distance learning options
Our recent clients include:
- A+ Architecture
- Albany Community Action Program
- Alteris Renewables
- Aztech Geothermal
- Brownell Electric Corp.
- City of Albany Department of Water and Water Supply
- Family Danz
- General Electric
- NYS Department of Labor
- NYS Office of General Services
- Northeast Acura
- Phoenix Insurance
- Ross Valve
- Sun Dog Solar
- Union College
- Unity House
- Zero Draft
About the Workforce Development Institute (WDI)
A part of the college’s Office of Continuing Education, Summer Sessions and Workforce Development, the WDI was developed to serve the region’s business and non-profit communities as well as individuals looking for career-specific training. To arrange training specifically for your company or organization, contact Marlene LaTerra at (518) 629-4835 or email email@example.com.