English as a Second Language (ESL) and ESL Advisement
Hudson Valley Community College, located in the Capital District, strives to meet the needs of students and members of the community with a range of both credit and non-credit classes.
Hudson Valley is one of only a few accredited schools of higher education to offer credit-bearing English composition classes to non-native speakers.
In addition, the school provides classes for those who need basic communication skills as well as for those who are interested in perfecting their English.
Our faculty consists of experienced instructors with advanced degrees in teaching English as a Second Language. Many of these instructors also act as academic advisors.
English as a Second Language Advisement
For information on English as a Second Language at Hudson Valley Community College, please contact the English as a Second Language Advisement Office.
Advisement during Spring 2018 as noted below and by appointment:
Tuesdays: 2 - 3 p.m.
Advisor: Malú Benton
Office: BRN 035
Phone: (518) 629-7393
Complete course descriptions are available here. Select the first term available and then search by English as a Second Language as the subject.
- ESLS 092 Fundamentals of English as a Second Language I
- ESLS 093 Fundamentals of English as a Second Language II
- ESLS 094 Reading for English as a Second Language Students I
- ESLS 096 Speaking and Listening for English as a Second Language Students
- ESLS 101 English Composition I for the Foreign Born
- ESLS 102 English Composition II for the Foreign Born