Campus Security Report
[Loading SaVE and Violence Against Women link…]
covers victims of sexual assault, stalking, dating violence and domestic violence
Self-propelled Vehicles on Campus
Skateboarding, roller skating, rollerblading and the use of foot-operated recreational scooters is prohibited on campus grounds. Bicycles are permitted on campus. Bicycling is allowed on college roadways and parking areas. Bicycles are to be walked on college walkways and sidewalks. The college reserves the right to determine the use of other devices or self-propelled vehicles on campus grounds.
Service Animal Policy
Tobacco-Free Overiew and Policy
All visitors to Hudson Valley Community College are required to request temporary
visitors' identification cards and temporary parking permits at the
Public Safety Department. Visitors having legitimate business on Hudson Valley's
campus must present personal identification and car registration when applying
for visitors' credentials. Visitors' cars must be parked in the
Violations of campus regulations by any organization authorized
to be on campus may result in immediate ejection from the campus
and the organization may be subject to any sanctions provided under
The following information can be found in the [Loading College Academic, Student and Community Services link…] section of the College Catalog:
- Campus Facility Access and Security Policies
- Enforcement Authority of Security Officers
- Policies Regarding Alcohol, Drugs, and Drug/Alcohol Education Programs
Important Campus Policy Reminders
- All faculty, staff and students are required to have their current, college-issued identification with them at all times, and to present their identification at the request of an identified Public Safety Officer.
- Possession, transportation and/or use of any illegal drugs on campus are not
- No alcoholic beverages may be brought to, possessed or consumed on campus.
No person who appears intoxicated is allowed on campus.
- Gambling, of any kind, is not allowed.
- Any illicit behavior which appears motivated by a victim's race, gender,
sexual orientation, religion, age, ethnicity or disability is not allowed.
- Smoking and other tobacco use is prohibited on all college grounds, college-owned or leased properties.
- Disruption (fighting) or interference with the operation of the college is not
- Harassment of student(s) or employee(s) is not allowed.
- No display of inflammatory or incendiary signs, posters or banners.
- No firearms (guns, firecrackers, fireworks, etc.) of any kind are allowed.
- No cutting instruments (knives or blades) except pocket knives two inches or
less in length are allowed.
- Unauthorized use of the college's duplicating or reproduction equipment, public
address system, radio station or computer systems is not allowed.
- Defacing, damaging or maliciously destroying any college, faculty or
student property is prohibited.
- Any violation of a local, state or federal law on campus is prohibited.
- Students are expected to adhere to the Code of Conduct for Academic Ethics that is listed in the [Loading Judicial System link…] section of the College Catalog.
- Students are expected to adhere to the college's Computer Learning Center's
policy that prohibits inappropriate behavior that interferes with the rights of
other individuals to benefit from the college's programs and activities, or behavior
that creates an offensive or hostile academic or work environment.
In an effort to maintain an atmosphere of civility and high ethical standards, where all
members of the college community are treated with courtesy and respect, students
enrolled at Hudson Valley Community College are expected to adhere to the Code of Conduct for Campus Regulations and Computer Ethics, Code of Conduct for Academic Ethics and Computer Ethics Policy, all of which are outlined in the [Loading Judicial System link…] section of the College Catalog.
Students who violate any campus regulations, including the Computer Learning
Center policy, may be suspended or expelled from classes, the Computer Learning
Center, and/or receive indefinite suspension of computer accounts.
To report a campus violation,
please contact the Public Safety Office (518) 629-7210.