Academic Advisement

At Hudson Valley Community College, we are committed to offering students comprehensive academic advising services.

Academic advising provides the opportunity to receive help in the course selection process and review your progress toward your degree or educational goal. Advisement also assists you with the timely completion of degree requirements as well as maintaining good academic standing and financial aid eligibility.

New Students

Select the statement that best fits your goals:

Transfer Students

Students who are transferring to Hudson Valley Community College from another college, should contact the appropriate Academic Advisement Office.

Current Students

Returning current students enrolled in a degree or certificate programs, should contact the appropriate Academic Advisement Office.

Students not enrolled in a program can receive advisement or register in-person, by phone or online with an AVN.

You may also want information on registering online using WIReD and an Advisement Verification Number (AVN).